Now that everyone’s whipped into an (in)appropriate frenzy over the Twix ad, I hereby bring you the 13 BEST ADS EVER (with a little help from the great Ann Nocenti and friends).
UPDATED 1/26/17: The funny thing about writing about comics daily for a few years — often many times a day — is that sometimes you forget what you’ve written. As it happens, I stumbled upon this quite accidentally and decided to share it again just for the fun of it. The “controversy” I’m referencing is a couple years old. But the ads? They’re timeless. Dig it.
If you’re just joining us, read this. Get into a high state of dudgeon, make your position known on social media, and come back for this unassailable list of brilliant comic-book ads:
1. The GREATEST EVER:
2. From Ann Nocenti, on Facebook:
3. From Ben Herman, on Facebook:
4. From Miguelangel Ruiz, on Facebook:
5. I think I’m going to be Count Dante for Halloween this year:
6. From my good friend Scott Jolley, on Facebook:
7. From Ann Nocenti, on Facebook:
8. Start your home arsenal with this bad boy:
9. But make sure you also have a strong ground attack:
10. And never go into battle unarmed:
11. From Ann Nocenti, on Facebook:
13. And no list would be complete without one of these. GREAT CHEOPS!