Season 1‘s in the books … and SPOILER ALERT!
1. The finale did not live up to the promise of the season. It was basically one big shootout — or a bunch of little shootouts that basically made up one big shootout.
2. Fish: No body = not dead
3. Selina toting an assault weapon didn’t feel right. That’s a rare off-note in a season where she’s been pretty consistently true to character, with one obvious exception. (Historically, Selina‘s averse to killing.)
4. This is what the Penguin should have yelled:
5. The only part of Nygma‘s freak-out that rang true was his criticising himself for being compelled to leave a clue.
6. By definition, the show doesn’t adhere to the rough truths of Bat-canon. But I was still surprised when Maroni got it. I mean, who’s gonna throw the acid in Harvey‘s pretty face? Sal Jr.?
7. On that point, who’s gonna be little Barbara‘s mom if big Barbara‘s a homicidal maniac? I don’t see Lee agreeing to have a baby named “Barbara.”
8. Though she and Gordon are a great couple and one of the best developments of the season.
9. Unless The Flash really blows it down the stretch, I think it’s 1. The Flash, 2. Gotham — and Arrow a very, very distant third. That show has fallen apart.
10. There’s already a lot of talk about the Joker next season but I imagine those questions will not be answered resolutely.
11. It still has to be this kid, though:
12. I like the idea of Thomas hiding the secret device in a Marcus Aurelius volume. But would it have been too much to ask for it to have been in a Shakespeare tome? Or at least a Marcus Aurelius bust?
13. So what’s in the Batcave? I hope there’s a piece of film that looks something like this: