As my friend Steven Thompson said, I’m going to plotz!
You mighta heard that at the Mad Monster show in North Carolina, Adam West and Burt Ward announced that they will be doing the voices for at least one, and possibly two, animated movies set for next year’s 50th anniversary of Batman ’66.
Here’s the video if you haven’t seen it:
While some friends are urging caution, I’m going all in right now with my own very happy take:
1. I’ve been begging DC for a comic-book sequel to the ’66 movie — and I hope this is it instead.
2. Ralph Garman should be involved. The Batman ’66 Meets Green Hornet miniseries was probably the best of the comic so far. He co-wrote it with Kevin Smith, but it felt more like Garman‘s doing.
3. That’s not to say I don’t dig what Jeff Parker‘s done, because I very much do. They’ll probably go elsewhere but either of these guys would be great, great choices.
4. Wouldn’t it be great if they got both Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether to provide Catwoman‘s voice in different scenes? And an Eartha Kitt impersonator?
5. I want Mike Allred to do the character designs. Or at least the package art. But really the character designs.
6. This is a great opportunity to not just bring back the show-only villains — like they did in Batman: The Brave and the Bold — but also to do ’66 versions of comics-only villains, as they’ve started to do in the comics.
7. Like her:
8. And him!
9. And him!
10. Or this guy!
12. What about Yvonne Craig, anyway? I wish she were embracing all this more …
13. How about a Kevin Conroy cameo? I mean if Adam West could play the Gray Ghost… Maybe Mayor Linseed?