So it’ll be Batman and Robin and Steed and Mrs. Peel, will it? Well, here are 13 OTHER meetings we demand to see!
(UPDATED 4/15/16): DC has announced a June start date for Batman ’66 Meets Steed and Mrs. Peel. Click here for the full info. And dig this Mike Allred cover!
(PREVIOUS UPDATE, 9/14/15): In addition to what was announced below, DC is now planning a Batman ’66/Man From UNCLE mini, starting in December, written by Jeff Parker with art by David Hahn. Here’s the Mike Allred cover to Issue #1. So we kinda called it! Groovy!)
DC poohbah Dan DiDio let it out that Batman ’66 will team up with the British Avengers in an upcoming miniseries. No other details but I predict appearances by Lord Ffogg, the Mad Mod and — I really, really, really hope — the Oliver Twists. Or at least Chad and Jeremy.
If Catwoman doesn’t throw down with Emma Peel and if John Steed doesn’t go umbrella-to-umbrella with the Penguin, they’re doing it wrong. And if Mike Allred doesn’t do all the art, I just don’t wanna say …
But now that we’ve had Batman ’66 Meets the Green Hornet, the Batman ’66 Lost Episode, here are 13 other Brave and Bold team-ups that need to happen!
1. Batman ’66 Meets James Bond. They’d be comparing gadgets for so long, Blofeld and Ra’s al Ghul (played by Christopher Lee) would get away …
2. Batman ’66 Meets Star Trek. Batman in the captain’s chair? Batman and Robin visiting the Mirror Universe? Kirk and Spock dressed in tights and running around Gotham? What, you need more?
3. Batman ’66 Meets the Planet of the Apes. Only Batman could save the Statue of Liberty before they blow it up. Or maybe we’d get: “Gosh! Darn you all to heck!”
4. Batman ’66 Meets Doctor Who. The Bat-Tardis! The Bat-Sonic Screwdriver! The Batscarf! Batgirl — the new Companion!
5. Batman ’66 Meets I Dream of Jeannie. This is for my sister. She loved that show.
6. Batman ’66 Meets Gilligan’s Island. Only Batman would find a way off that darn island.
7. Batman ’66 Meets Lost in Space. Batman builds his own Batrobot to give Robot an assist! Alpha Centauri here we come!
8. Batman ’66 Meets Superman ’52. The World’s Finest team-up you’ve been waiting for.
9. Batman ’66 Meets Superman ’78. The World’s Finest team-up you’ve been waiting for.
10. Batman ’66 Meets Wonder Woman ’77. I can’t believe this hasn’t been announced already.
11. Batman ’66 Meets the Monkees. The Batmobile vs. the Monkeemobile!
12. Batman ’66 Meets the Prisoner. You know, I have never seen it. I think I have to get on that. That’s a bad gap. Same with Man from U.N.C.L.E.
13. Batman ’66 Meets the Beatles. Wait … I did mention the Oliver Twists, didn’t I?