OK, OK, I’m ready already!
1. Boy, Mike Tirico looked ridiculous introducing the trailer, didn’t he? Game, but ridiculous.
2. I liked the first trailer better. This one was a little bit muted.
3. So Kylo Ren will have a direct connection to Darth Vader of some sort. Not familial, I don’t necessarily think, but it is interesting to see the link so overtly.
4. Listen to that voiceover again. Han says “the Dark Side” as Poe Dameron walks by and “a Jedi” as Finn passes him.
5. I’ve been fairly sure for awhile that Poe Dameron will end up a Sith. Oscar Isaac makes such a great heavy.
6. I never tire of the sounds of X-Wing Fighters and TIE Fighters.
7. Oh, don’t be upset, Leia!
8. So what happened in Eps 4-6 is kind of a forgotten legend, huh? So is the Empire (or a close approximation) back in power at the start of things here … ?
9. I want more Luke!
10. I think I want those goggles.
11. BB-8, you are a charmer.
12. Is Carrie Fisher trying that English accent back on for size?