Lots to see here …
1. I see Captain America and I think that this is what cinematic Superman should be: A man confident in his ideals while the whole world is going to hell around him.
2. My son, Sam, on the other hand, thinks the Batman v. Superman trailer was better. He’s young but he has good taste, so who knows …
3. I do think Bucky’s hotter than Cap, though. My wife, Wendy, says Cap is all-American hot and Bucky is that-guy-your-parents-don’t-want-you-to-date hot. I guess I just like bad boys.
4. Wendy asked me whether I think Cap’s gonna get kilt in this one. Maybe.
5. Things don’t look good for War Machine, though.
6. I will always pick Cap over Iron Man. Always.
7. Black Panther!
8. Go to about 2:10 in the trailer. I’m amazed that after all this time, the Iron Man CGI still sometimes looks wonky. Looks nice in a still, though …
9. I like Scarlett’s hair in this one.
10. People call this Avengers 2.5, with good reason given the size of the cast. But this trailer still feels very much like a Cap movie, in keeping with the tone of The Winter Soldier. I’m glad because other than the first Avengers movie, The Winter Soldier is the best Marvel film to date.
11. Didn’t you want to see Jessica Jones walk through? I did.
12. Same with Luke Cage. I know, I know. Not happening any time soon.
13. Whose side are you on?