SPOILERS! If you’re one of the 10 people who hasn’t seen it yet, get to the theater before reading this. We’ll be here when you get back.
No need for a big intro. Here are my 13 QUICK THOUGHTS On Avengers: Age of Ultron:
1. The Avengers: Age of Ultron is a worthy successor to the original and an excellent film all around.
2. That said, there were some confusing aspects in the narrative but I was able to roll with it. Basically: Kill all the robots and win.
3. Elizabeth “The Talented One” Olsen is hot.
4. But not as hot as these two.
5. Black Widow needs her own movie because she’s awesome. Seriously awesome. C’mon, Marvel, quit screwing around on this one.
6. I’m still not sure I buy her and Bruce Banner, though. I kind of liked her scenes with “The Other Guy” a little better.
7. Wow, that’s a whole different Clint Barton than we’re used to seeing, isn’t it? But I’m glad we got a lot of Hawkeye in this movie.
8. The Vision is a badass. That surprised me.
Though maybe it shouldn’t have.
9. I love the music of these movies. In fact, I downloaded the Age of Ultron soundtrack as soon as I got home and I’m listening to it now.
10. As I watched the movie, I though to myself “DC has already lost.” There is no singularity of, ahem, vision at Warner Brothers and they cannot catch up.
11. Seeing all those Infinity Gems floating around was so exciting — and the mid-end credits sequence with Thanos was the capper.
12. With all the death and destruction that are part and parcel of these movies now, I was glad that it was an important plot point that the Avengers had to evacuate the city. It was nice to see them actively doing that, too, and not leaving it up to the local guard. It may be lip service, but I appreciate it.
13. I saw it with a good crowd. And man that can make so much difference. What a great time. And yes, I will be seeing it again.